Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Review of Hell's Flower by SL Schiefer and Jen Cousineau


Rating: 4 Stars

Title: Hell's Flower

Author: S.L. Schiefer & Jen Cousineau

Publisher: Entice

Genre: MC, Romance, Erotica

Pages: 243 Pages

Blurb:
Raven 

Two people. That's how it usually starts right? I grew up believing one thing, only for one day to completely mess up everything I've ever been taught. Was I a good girl? No, not by any means. But, the world I'm about to be thrown into is unlike anything I've ever known. 

Mace 

Multiple people. I live for club life. As the President of the Hell's Storm MC I protect my brothers at all costs, and they do the same for me. After a rival club killed what was mine, I vowed to live in as many chicks as possible. Never tasting the same one twice. But, all it takes is that one look to completely bring a man, even me, to my knees. 

Two people. Brought up on different sides of the tracks. Two different paths in life. Both will be tested, taken to the very edge of darkness that threatens to consume them both. Will they be able to withstand the heat of hell? Or will they fight to death and lose themselves?


Review:

I was pleasantly surprised by this book! I know that sounds bad but it's really not. When I start reading a new author of MC books my expectations are not for a 5 star read. My expectations are that I'm hopefully going to like it. Don't get me wrong, I love MC books but finding another MC author that I actually want to read seems to be far and few between. So when reading this book I was doing a happy dance.

This book was almost a 4.5 for me. Raven is a strong minded woman who doesn't put up with much and Mace is the president of the MC. Jazz, Raven's friend talks her into going to THE club and it happens to be Mace's. When Mace sees her and the two collide you can feel the chemistry between the two and feel the anticipation. But when Mace finds out who she is, he tries to push her away but that obviously doesn't work. 

Mace is a good man that's had a shitty life. Yes, his mc does some illegal stuff but they also do a lot of good. Then you have the rival mc looking for a way to get back at Mace and his club. They'll do anything to get even, how far will they go? How much devastation is going to be brought on to the club?

There were times I felt like telling Mace don't let her get away with that, be more alpha. I liked the writing style and the story pulled me in. The ending about killed me! UGH!!! I am ready for the next book!!! I can't wait for Jazz's and Creep's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment