Saturday, November 5, 2011

Summer's Journey by Summer Daniels


My Rating: 4 Stars

Title: Summer's Journey (Volume One: Losing Control)

Author: Summer Daniels

Genre: True Romance/Erotica Series

Length: 19 Pages

**Sexual Rating:  *Mild to Explicit 
      (This particular chapter is mild but future installments promise to be very explicit, with elements of D/s. It is labeled as erotica, so be aware of this before you begin.)

Summary

Fortyish, newly divorced, searching and longing for something different. Something fulfilling and exciting, somewhere far outside my ordinary comfort zone.

Come with me on my journey of discovery. Explore with me. Touch, taste and feel with me.

Lots more to come following my introduction to you in this first volume of a multi-part True Romance / Erotica series.

“Perhaps I was being picky, but I really didn’t think being able to spell orgasm without being spotted a vowel was asking too much.”

Approximately 6,000 words – this first volume is somewhere around 90% background story, and 10% erotic.

Future volumes will be more explicit as I expand my horizons and detail my journey of sexual self-discovery. 

Review 

This is a self published series based on the author's life after her divorce, and choice's that she made in moving forward and re-discovering herself. It is a very well written narrative that shows the courage and determination needed to go forward with life and jump back into the dating pool. It also shows the feelings and thoughts associated with a divorce and that past relationship, the doubts you feel afterwards and the questions that inevitably arise. 


This installment is primarily to give you the background of her life and what led her to this point, and also to set up future volumes. We get to see what led her to this point in her life and we get to meet Mark, who is not at all what is expected and promises to be very interesting.Ms. Daniels does a fantastic job of drawing you. Erotica is not typically a genre that I read, but I am looking forward to seeing what happens next.


I have no idea many chapters there will be in the series, so I can't say how much it would cost in total to continue reading, but so far the chapters are priced at $.99. Not too bad for an entertaining, quick read. When this author first contacted me, I wasn't sure what to expect. As a previously unpublished author with a self-published book, I was a little leery. With authors that I've never heard of before, with these qualifications, you just never know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised with this one. As mentioned - it is very well written and engrossing. In truth, the only reason I gave it a four star review is simply because of the formatting of individual chapters for purchase, which is simply not my preference. Check it out! And check back here for reviews of future volumes.













No comments:

Post a Comment