Monday, October 10, 2016

Patchwhore by Kim Jones **RELEASE DAY!!** and REVIEW

I’M THAT GIRL…
The girl who thought she was living her happily ever after.
The one who fell for the lies.
A victim of infidelity.

After months of heartache and loss, anger ensued.
Rage replaced sadness. Fury took over heartache. Revenge became irresistible. 
Now he’ll feel what I felt. One by one, his brothers will take his place in my bed. 
They have a name for me in the MC world…

PATCHWHORE.

And this is my story.

If making her ex jealous is what she wants, Devil’s Renegades Prospect Cook is more than willing to oblige. He only has one rule: He doesn’t share.
She can seek her revenge. Follow through with her plan. But her body will be his. He’ll own her fantasies. And her pleasure. But in her eyes, he’s just a lowly PROSPECT—nothing more. 
Little does she know, she’s about to be enlightened. 

Note: This is a full-length standalone Devil's Renegade Motorcycle Club novel. Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.


MY RATING: 4 1/2 Stars

REVIEW: 

First, let me just say, in case you missed it in the blurb above, that this is a standalone novel. It is part of the Devil's Renegades series but can easily be read without having read  the others. That said, if you haven't read the others in the  series....WHAT ARE  YOU WAITING FOR?! Seriously, it's one  of my favorite  ever series. Get  on that. Moving on....if you have read the other books, you will recognize a couple of the characters. Particularly our hot male lead, Cook, who made himself well known  in Clubwhore.

Now, Cook.....holy hell, Cook. That man is hot! He barely registered on my meter in Clubwhore because I was focused on other characters but oh boy, he sure has been brought to the forefront now! He may make my list of favorite book boyfriends now, right alongside Luke Carmical from Kim's Saving Dallas. I'll get back to Cook in a second though.

Now, I want to talk about Carmen. I loved this girl. She was hilarious and spunky. I loved her plan for  revenge against her ex that broke her heart. Especially given  how much it goes against how she was raised.  It takes some serious chutzpah to pull off what she wanted to do! I love how, in the end, all she really has to be is herself to get  her revenge.

Cook.  Oh my Cook. This man is hot in all the right ways. Dominant but not domineering. He respects her need for independence and her need to do what she needs to do for revenge. He's determined to right the wrongs he's committed in his own life, showing his own character. He gives Carmen his protection, even though most of the time she doesn't even realize that he's doing it. He's always on the periphery, taking it all in, watching everything going on and if you're on his radar in any capacity, he will probably end up knowing more about you than you know about yourself. Not to mention that the man is ripped and hot as sin.

The only thing that kind of bugged me is that one of the conflicts that built up throughout the book was glossed over with barely a blink. I don't want to give anything away so I'll just say that it has to do with Cook's status. I also would have liked to see the ex get a little more of his due than just being pissed off here and there. The damage in Cook's past is also glossed over without really being part of the story, other than to explain why Cook is in an MC. All in all, the conflict seemed somewhat lacking in this book. I absolutely adored the Cook and Carmen though, so I didn't really care!

I  already want to read this book again and revisit these characters. It was a fun book without much  of the crazy intensity that usually accompanies an MC book but still with a lot of the fun perks of them. Motorcycles, hot guys, colorful characters, crazy drinking nights, and lots of hot *ahem* .....it's all there!



You can get it here: Patchwhore (for Kindle)


No comments:

Post a Comment