Tuesday, December 13, 2016

2016 Yearbook - Lani Lynn Vale - Day 2 - I Like Big Dragon Series

Lani Lynn Vale has had an amazing 2016 year!  Publishing 14 novels and attending numerous Book Signings around the US and meeting hundreds of readers, bloggers and fellow authors.  She has had a memorable 2016 and we want to revisit all the novels she has published this year.  Day 2 we are taking a look back to The I Like Big Dragon Series!!
Title: I Like Big Dragons and I Cannot Lie 
Series: The Dragon Series #1 
Author: Lani Lynn Vale 
Genre: Paranormal 
Romance Release: August 17, 2016
Keifer Vassago, The Prince of Dragons, has enough on his plate without adding a brunette with a bad attitude to the mix Fate has a way of screwing all his plans, though, whether he wants them screwed or not. One second he’s fetching his brother from yet another situation that could possibly compromise the Vassago name, and the next that brunette is grabbing his assets. Blythe isn’t after anyone’s assets, though. She’s a good girl. All she wants is to graduate from nursing school, get a job, and move out of her hell hole apartment. What she does not have time to deal with is a sexy bearded man that accuses her of grabbing his junk. She tries to forget about the encounter, but fate’s a cruel bitch. One second she’s a normal college student barely living paycheck to paycheck, and the next she’s setting her panties on fire with powers from an ancient immortal dragon. To add insult to injury, she’s hearing voices, and none of them are figments of her imagination. Blythe’s life is turned upside down, and Keifer forces her to adapt even though she doesn’t want to. She likes her life just the way it is. Not to mention she wants nothing to do with that arrogant asshole. She doesn’t care that he rides a dragon. She also could care less about his stupid beard, and his sexy eyes. Yeah, who was she kidding? She wasn’t convincing anybody.
Title: Dragons Need Love, Too
Series: I Like Big Dragons Series #2
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Published: October 19, 2016

Nikolai Vassago has a plan.
His day starts out fairly normal. Get up, kick some ass, fondle his beard, take some names.
One second he’s participating in a normal every day mission, and the next he’s saving the one woman that fate has promised him for the rest of his life from the grips of a criminal mastermind.
Nikolai can’t say he’s altogether displeased with what he’s given, though. Not with that gorgeous brunette that would soon be warming his bed.
The same can’t be said for Brooklyn.
Living in a commune most of her life meant she wasn’t exposed to all of life’s craziness. The moment she turned eighteen, she was off and running, experiencing all of what life had to give.
That means she sometimes jumps in feet first, not thinking about consequences until the deed is already done.
Nikolai rescues her from a fate worse than hell, throwing her on the back of his dragon and flying off into the night.
He’s a go-with-the-flow kind of man. Brooklyn, however, is not.
Having been caged for the first eighteen years of her life, she wants nothing more than to be free to do what she pleases, consequences be damned.
Nikolai, however, has different ideas, and he’s not above using his masculine will to prove to her that she’s exactly where she needs to be.
“I Like Dragons and I Cannot Lie' is without a shadow of a doubt one of the best PNR I have EVER read!!!” - Gi’s Spot Reviews (I Like Big Dragons and I CannotLie) “Holy freaking crap!!! This book is absolutely nothing like I expected and everything I could ever want in a paranormal. This is Lani Lynn Vale’s first foray into paranormal and let me tell you she knocked it out of the park.” - Devious Book Blog (I Like Big Dragons and I Cannot Lie)
“This is an all action paranormal romance with lots of dangerous family drama. One family is over protective the other is full of dangerous killers. Add in dragon magic and hot sex , you get a book you can't put down.” - Warrior Woman Winmill (Dragons Need Love, Too) “This book was witty, entertaining, serious, and funny all at the same time.” - Swoon Worthy Books (Dragons Need Love, Too)
I LIKE BIG DRAGONS AND I CANNOT LIE
I woke up to my lower half on fire.
At first, I thought it was just an aftereffect of my dreams, but when I finally peeled my eyes open, I could smell smoke.
When I opened my lids and looked down, it was to literally find my panties on fire.
I screamed and rolled; rolling so far in the bed that I hit the floor and kept going.
By the time the fire was finally out, my panties were burned to ash. However, my skin was perfectly fine. In fact, the hairs that I’d planned on having waxed later in the week were gone.
It’d given me a fire waxing…minus the wax.
“What the fuck?” I yelled, staring down at my now hair-free mound.
Blasphemy.
My eyes widened and I looked around. Was someone in the room with me?
I started reaching for the lamp but couldn’t find it. There was a pile of things beside the bed that I’d knocked over in my haste to get up. I could only assume that the lamp was one of those things.
“Light, light, light,” I chanted, shifting through the things on the floor.
My candles that I had interspersed around the room all lit at once, and I screamed.
“What the hell is going on?” I shrieked.
Macy started hammering on the wall, or her boyfriend. Whatever. Fuck her.
I narrowed my eyes at the wall.
That stupid heifer! I’m allowed to scream if I want to. She fucks day and night, and she’s going to bang on my wall to get meto quiet down?
Master Farrow has always had excellent stamina with the ladies.
I froze, turning around and scanning the room.
“Who’s there?” I asked nervously.
A deep, rumbly laugh filled my head and my eyes widened.
“Holy mother of God, get out of my head!” I yelled.
The voice in my head continued to chuckle. Oh, this is almost as good as when Prince Keifer came into his powers. He didn’t shriek like you do, though.
DRAGONS NEED LOVE, TOO  
I don’t know why I never expected Nikolai to be able to fight.
He had the muscles.
He worked out.
He was aware.
But he never struck me as fierce.
I wasn’t thinking that anymore, though, as I watched him beat the ever loving shit out of his opponent.
He never used a single one of his powers to accomplish it, either.

He did it all with sheer strength, force of will, and knowledge.

He was divine.

All we were supposed to be doing was buying some supplies for the house.

It’d been over two months since I’d woken from my coma, six weeks since he’d told me I was his mate and even longer since the housekeeper had stocked the kitchens.

I’d never been so happy to leave the confines of a house.

I would’ve been happy with going in a plain old car; but, today, Nikolai had taken me on a motorcycle, of all things.

I’d always wanted to ride on one but had never had the courage to ask for a ride.

Today, though, I’d practically begged Nikolai for us to take it.

He’d argued that a truck would hold more groceries, but I’d been adamant.

I didn’t even know why, either.
Just the thought of being in the open air, outside the confines of the sanctuary, turned me into a giggling mass of excitement.
And I was sure that nothing would ruin this day…but I’d been wrong.
Since I was now watching my man get ganged up on by five men.
My uncle’s cronies could ruin my day, as evidenced by the stupid goon trying to slash Nikolai’s face off with a fuckin’ saber sword.
I’d at first tried to help Nikolai, but his insistence that I back up and stay the hell out of it had been loud and clear, even when he hadn’t actually said any of those words out loud.
But he’d been awesome at screaming them inside my head like I was a disobeying three-year-old, rather than a twenty-six-year-old grown ass adult who knew how to wipe her own butt.
I watched with the brick wall of a convenience store at my back.
Nikolai’s bike was on its side where he’d dumped it.
My arm was scratched, and a strange throbbing sensation was going on with my ribs.
Funny enough, I hadn’t remembered ever hitting my ribs. Nikolai had been extremely careful about laying his bike down as we slid.
He’d also made me wear protective clothing, such as a brand new pair of motorcycle boots. A leather jacket with padding in the elbows and back, as well as a pair of pants that were supposedly flame proof.
I was glad he’d forced me to wear them now; but a scant hour before, as I’d been getting dressed, I’d been reluctant.
“Duck!” Nikolai screamed.
Then, I was seeing nothing but black. Everything around me was black.
“Nikolai!” I whispered frantically. “I can’t see!”
Strong arms, the arms that I was coming to care for in the short few days that we’d officially started to ‘date,’ wrapped around me.
“Shh,” he breathed, so low that I couldn’t be sure that he said anything at all.
Grab the bike, he whispered through my brain.
I moved my arms forward and grabbed on to the bike, feeling him shift as he got on. Then he pulled me on behind him and a loud roar sounded as he turned over the engine.
“Hold on,” he rushed.
I held on.
I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 5, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.
DAY 3: THE UNCERTAIN SAINTS MC SEE YOU TOMORROW
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment