Friday, January 27, 2017

Put Out Series: Kilgore Fire Series #5 Lani Lynn Vale - My review

Title: Put Out
Series: Kilgore Fire Series #5
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: January 26, 2017
Cover Model: Matthew Hosea Photographer: Furious Fotog
Angie is a survivor. Anything you could throw at her, she could overcome.
After her father left her like a pile of unwanted trash, she began fighting. Fighting to build a life. Fighting to keep her child. Fighting to matter.
She thought she had it all figured out.
Then Bowen Race Tannenbaum walks into her life, turning it into a flurry of confusion, hope, and then ultimately despair. He tore down, brick-by-brick, her carefully constructed world, leaving her heart in tatters and longing for more. Such as a happily ever after, something that wasn’t ever going to happen for her. Not when she couldn’t give him what he wanted. He’d break her, and she couldn’t be put back together a second time.
Bowe wasn’t always so jaded, but when you keep drawing a losing hand, it tends to affect a man. He didn’t mean to lash out so carelessly. But he was so over being told no. He was done being lied to. He was through with being cheated on.
This time, his heart was getting what it wanted. If Angie wasn’t able to see what he was offering, what was right here in front of her, well then, he’d just have to damn well show her.

“As always an amazing story from Lani Lynn Vale. Her writing always draws me in so that I am fully immersed into her stories.” - 5 Star Review from KinkyGirlsBookObsessions
“It kept me on my toes and had some hot and steamy scenes in too. Loved it!” - 5 Star Review from Hellbenders Book Blog
I headed toward the yelling. The closer I got, the louder it became.
At first I wasn’t sure what it was. Then the closer I got, the more I realized that it was someone cheering. Some sort of competition from the sound of it.
The moment I rounded the corner of the firehouse, I could see what everyone was cheering and yelling about.
The firehouse stood on a large hill or sorts, and the moment I cleared the building, I could see down into the valley below the hill, not far, but far enough that I could see over the men’s heads, straight for the obstacle course below.
Bowe had already started his testing.
Feeling like shit that I’d left him with Elise too long, and he’d had to bring her with him, I automatically started scanning for her, and found her with PD.
Once I saw that she was happy, I moved my gaze back to the course, and was amazed by how fast Bowe was moving.
A man was also running with him, and upon closer inspection, I realized it was Booth.
Booth, I’d heard, held the best time on the course.
And it looked like Bowe was holding his own.
He wasn’t winning, no, but for him being off for so long, I thought he was doing pretty damn good.
Then instead of taking the last flight of stairs with his patient, he jumped over the side, cradling the dummy.
It, of course, wouldn’t work in real life.
Not with someone that was sick or in need of life saving measures.
But it worked for now.
Laughing out loud, I yelled.
“Go, Bowe! Go!” I screamed, cupping my hands around my mouth to project the sound further.
He didn’t hear me over the crowd, but my daughter did.
She turned her head, and immediately started to clap her hands as she realized it was me.
Grinning from ear to ear, I walked towards her, glancing over her shoulder at Bowe as I moved.
I weaved through the throng of men, some firefighters
Bowe had just crossed the finish line, Booth very close at his heels, when I reached Elise.
“Hey there, baby,” I cooed.
She giggled, but didn’t hold her hands out for me, so I chose to let PD hold her for a few more seconds as I turned to the field.
That’s when I saw Bowe.
Shirtless.
Laughing his ass off while he shook Booth’s hand, who, conveniently, was also shirtless.
Both men were wiping sweat out of their faces with their shirts, talking about what I’d guess was the course they’d just run, when Bowe’s eyes lifted and found mine.
I waved, and he grinned, full out.
His beard and sweat slickened hair made him look rough and delicious, and I wanted to freakin’ throw myself at him.
I had a little bit of decorum, though, and managed to give him a small peck on the cheek the moment he arrived at my side.
“When did you get here?” he asked, slightly out of breath.
I started to lean back when he started to lean forward, and his eyes started to dance as he moved with me.
“About two minutes ago,” I giggled when he captured me around the waist and hauled me against him.
“My wife doesn’t kiss me like that when I’m sweaty,” a man from my side whined.
Yes, a grown man with six foot two inches of solid muscle, whined.
I gave him a look, which clearly, he read, causing him to grin.
“The name’s Luke.” He offered me his hand. “And I’m the SWAT team leader.”
I shook his offered hand and dropped it after two pumps, trying in vain to disentangle my body from Bowe’s.
“The problem, old man, is that you give her a choice,” another, a redhead this time, called from somewhere behind me.
“Miller,” someone said. “Mercy would kick your ass if she thought you were not letting her have her way.”
 

Wait till you get to meet Bowe. Goodness gracious, yummy!!!! He may not have had the luck in the past when it comes to women but when he meets Angie he knows. He knows that she's the one for him. 

Angie is getting through life day by day working towards her goals and being the best mom she can be. Her dad's a work of art. I can't imagine the pain of how her dad is and I don't understand people that can treat their children like that. I wanted to smack the crap out of him.

These two have so much to deal with while trying to see if they can make a go of a relationship. Bowe has his work cut out for him.  Angie is a strong woman and isn't a doormat, she'll make her voice be heard when needed. The chemistry between these two was smoking hot like always in a LLV book. This author continues to be a one-click author for me.

I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 5, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment